CPR Certification OnlineCPR Certification OnlineCPR Certification Online

Leaving Certificate Computer Science


Bush Post Primary School has been selected as one of the 40 pilot schools in Ireland to roll out Phase 1 of the new Computer Science Leaving Certificate subject. Students will begin studying their new subject in September and will complete 70% of the subject through the June examination, which will be completed online. The remaining 30% of marks will be available for a practical project which will be undertaken over a six-week period in schools and submitted online. This is fantastic news for Bush Post Primary School and further expands its extensive range of senior cycle subjects.

The subject will focus on how computer programming and computational thinking can be applied to the solution of problems, and how computing technology impacts the world.

Students taking the subject will learn:

  • Computational thinking
  • How to analyse problems in computational terms
  • Programming languages and how to read, write, test and modify computer programs
  • Creative design
  • Design computation artefacts such as web pages, digital animations, simulations, games, apps and robotic systems
  • The ethical, historical, environmental and technological aspects of Computer Science