SORA is a digital eBook and audio book lending library for JCSP/ DEIS schools.
Bush Post Primary School is delighted to be able to offer free access to this excellent resource to all of our staff and students. We hope to offer access to parents at a later date. We hope that this free membership will assist in the development of a reading culture across the whole school community.
How do I access the Digital Library?
Sora—The student reading app, by OverDrive provides the quickest and easiest way to get started with digital titles from the Digital Library.
You can simply log in using your unique ID Number and Password and instantly access thousands of eBooks and audiobooks on virtually any device.
What’s great in Sora:
- Easy access - simply find your school and log in using ID Number and Password
- Unified experience across devices and operating systems
- Simple, one-tap step to borrow and start reading
- Reading activity enhancements including notes, highlights, and improved definitions functionality
- Personalisation through achievements, assignments, and avatars
- Automatic syncing of loans, holds, notes, highlights, defined words, activity, and achievements across multiple devices
For tips and help on the Sora app see https://help.soraapp.com
The system is compatible with most devices (tablets, e-readers, smart phones, PCs, etc.).
For assistance on devices go to http://help.overdrive.com/#devices
Please note that the system does not work on Kindle “epaper” devices i.e. devices earlier than the Kindle Fire. This is a restriction imposed by Amazon.
Users can borrow up to 3 titles at a time. The default lending period is set at 21 days
You can place requests for items that are on loan and you can choose to have the available items automatically added to your account when they become available.
This will help identify titles that are in high demand – and additional copies can be purchased for the library. The library currently holds over 5,000 unique titles – with multiple copies of many of these. Additional titles are being added to the collection on an ongoing basis.
Members can also access a large range of free public domain ebooks through Project Gutenberg. These free ebooks are always available for simultaneous use by all users.