Florence Gillan was appointed to the post of HSCL in 2014. Her role is to support and work with parents to strengthen the link between home, school and community. Encouraging parents to feel part of the school community and an essential partner in the education of their children. Her work will involve home visits, the provision of classes for parents and providing opportunities for parents to feel greater involvement in their school community.
Last term the following activities occurred for parents:
- Coffee mornings for parents of our first year students.
- Talk for Parents on Cyber Bullying.
- Reluctant Readers Workshop - encouraging your child to read.
- Focus Group – parents offering tips to fellow parents on supporting/encouraging your son/daughter in college. These tips are posted on our website under drop down heading- parents.
- First Aid Class.
This term the following classes will be offered:
- First Aid
- Cardiac First Responders (CFR)
- Refresher Math
Attendance Initiatives for 1st 2nd and LCA students:
Full attendance from October to December was rewarded by the presentation of a pen and a full attender sticker. Students were entered in a draw for a voucher. Three vouchers were awarded.
A similar initiative to promote full attendance in the entire school for the month of April is in progress.
To encourage good attendance Year Heads are supplied with Attendance Alert Cards to be sent to the homes of students missing 10 or more days.