Information for students applying for the HEAR & DARE schemes
For students applying for the HEAR Scheme:
Posting your documentation
- Submit copies of supporting documents to CAO, Tower House, Eglinton Street, Galway by 17:15 on 1st April
- Make sure your copies are clear and can be easily read.
- Put your name and CAO number on all documents.
- Faxed/emailed documents are not accepted.
- Keep the original of all documents and obtain a certificate of posting from An Post every time you post supporting documents to CAO.
- For confirmation that the documents you posted arrived safely in CAO, enclose a stamped, self-addressed postcard with details of the documents you have submitted.
For students applying for the DARE scheme:
Posting your documentation
Keep photocopies of ALL documents that you are posting.
- Put your name and CAO number on every document you send.
- Get proof of postage each time you are posting documentation.
- You can get a certificate of postage from An Post. For your convenience, there are four certificates of postage slips pre-printed on the back cover of the CAO Handbook. Just ask the teller in An Post to stamp one of the certificates when you are sending your documentation.
- For confirmation that the documents you posted arrived safely in CAO, enclose a stamped, self-addressed postcard with your documentation.
- While you may receive confirmation upon receipt of documentation, DARE will not contact you about incomplete or incorrect documentation, so please ensure that you have supplied all documents requested on your checklist by 1 April 2017. Please contact a DARE advisor if you have any questions in advance of submitting your documentation.
- Have you answered YES to Question 1 and clicked the SUBMIT button on the Supplementary Information Form (SIF) which reads “Do you want to be considered for the Disability Access Route to Education” by 1 March 2017?
- Have you and your school completed the Educational Impact Statement and have you sent it to the CAO by 1 April 2017?
- Has your Evidence of Disability documentation been completed by the appropriate medical/ educational professional?
- Was your Evidence of Disability documentation completed by the appropriate medical/ educational professional within the last 3 years if you are applying under ADD/ ADHD, Mental Health condition and/ or Significant Ongoing Illness?
- Is your Evidence of Disability documentation signed and stamped by the appropriate professional OR on headed paper OR accompanied by a business card?
- For applicants with an SLD, have you submitted a full psychological assessment report of any age AND attainment scores dated after 1 February 2015?
- Have you sent your Evidence of Disability documentation to CAO by 1 April 2017?
- If you are applying to carry your DARE eligibility forward from 2016 to 2017 have you completed the steps?
Bush Factor 2017
Well done to all involved in Bush Factor 2017 which was a great success! The event took place on Thursday, 2nd March in St. Pat's GFC.
The judges on the night were Pamela O'Connor Moneley, Claire Ross and Tommy McGovern
The finalists were:
- Amie Murphy who sang "Don't Cry for me Argentina" from Evita.
- Jack Carville who had the audience clapping along to his country medley.
- Naomi and Evelyn who sang "Blank Space" by Taylor Swift
- Tara and Megan whose duet on the pianos wowed the audience.
- Jack Conway who sang "The One" by Kodaline
- Roisin Butterly who sang a beautiful version of "I dreamed a dream" from Les Mis
- Sophie Walker who sang "Valerie"
Congratulations to Roisín Butterly who won the competition.
Thanks to special guests and entertainment on the night, singers Leah Kirwan &Cian McKeever, dancers and winners of the previous Bush Factor, Gravity, and all of the first year students who entertained the audience with their 'Class Acts'.
The teachers even performed a pre-recorded 'Carpool Karaoke' to Queen's "Bohemium Rhapsody".
Well done LCA5 class who produced the program for the night as part of their mini company.
A special thank you to Ms. Lynch who organised the event, Adam and Seán who did an excellent job of presenting the show, Gary and Ciaran who assisted with camera and sound on the night and all the people who helped with preparations for the show and behind the scenes on the night.
As always, thanks to St. Pat's GFC for the use of their hall.