Pastoral care of students is seen as a core aspect of the ethos in Bush Post Primary School.
Each Year Group in the school is assigned a year head.
- The Year Head mentors the Year Group.
- He/she acts as an adviser to the students and champions their interests.
- He/she takes Morning Assembly four mornings a week.
- He/she maintains links with Parents / guardians
- and keeps a record of all contacts with them.
Each class in the school is assigned a tutor.
- He/she has a special interest in each student in the class.
- He/she is available to act as a guide, advisor, support and motivator.
- He/she takes Morning Assembly one day a week.
HOME SCHOOL - LIAISON OFFICER
The HSCL Scheme supports through education a socially inclusive society with equal opportunity for all. The HSCL Co-Ordinator and the teaching staff, recognise that the parent is the primary educator of the child and endeavours to support and encourage parents in this role, so that their children can realise their full potential.
GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
The school guidance counselling service is administered by a professionally trained School Guidance Counsellor, Miss Sandra Woods. Ms. Woods is the current chairperson of the North East branch of the IGC, Institute of Guidance Counsellors and has been working in Guidance for 14 years. She attends Continuous Professional Development and Professional supervision for her counselling practice. Ms. Woods is also trained in CBT Cognitive Behavioral Therapy which is very helpful for students suffering with anxiety and depression. Her ethos is to provide appropriate professional counselling and guidance to all students who require such interventions.
The SGC, as part of a school team, focuses primarily on the personal and social, educational and vocational development of our students. The aim of the service is to professionally answer the guidance and counselling needs of the student in the context of the overall school mission statement
The GC works in conjunction with other student support services in the school and in partnership with parents and outside agencies.