Congratulations to TY students Abbie McAteer, Evelyn Donnelly and Erin Dunne whose fabulous Street Sleeper outfit won at the wonderful Trashion Fashion event. Well done to all of our TY teams who participated, huge work went into creating spectacular costumes and perfecting performances. A big thank you to Tidy Towns for another fantastic Trashion Fashion show that was thoroughly enjoyed by all.
• Enable students to create artefacts that are visually expressive.
• Enable students to create artefacts based on primary sources.
• Develop students’ graphic skills through different and varied modes of drawing as part of the realisation of ideas in the creation of 2-D and 3-D design imagery.
• Promote the use of specific art, craft and design vocabulary as part of making art.
• Provide an opportunity for students to pursue art at third level.
• Allow students to work through the process of bringing an idea from conception to realisation.
• Promote an understanding and competency of relevant current tools and technologies as applied to art, craft and design.
• Provide opportunities for students to become conversant with the use of a variety of materials, media, tools and equipment.
• Make students aware of the essential health and safety practices in all aspects of art, craft and design practice.
• Encourage cultural contact with local and National agencies.
• Visit local arts centres and national museums and galleries.
• To work with other teachers and subjects, to provide a cross curricular education.
Leaving Certificate Art Aims:
• Provide learning experiences which develop the student’s aesthetic and artistic skills, confidence and practice, and art and design appreciation.
• Develop the student’s awareness of the historical, social, personal, economic and cultural, importance of art, craft, design, and the built environment.
• Encourage the student to develop an enquiring and informed attitude to their environment and enable them to relate to society through art, craft and design.
• Develop and enhance the student’s ability to appreciate, respond, enjoy, value, create and communicate through visual art and design.
• Develop the student’s individuality and self-esteem through artistic achievement.
• Encourage the student to work collaboratively with others.
Junior Certificate Aims:
• To promote in the student an informed, inquiring and discriminating attitude to his or her environment and to help the student relate to the world in visual, tactile and spatial terms.
• To develop a sense of personal identity and self-esteem through practical achievement in the expressive, communicative and functional modes of art, craft and design.
• To develop in the student an understanding of art, craft and design in a variety of
contexts - historical, cultural, economic, social and personal.
• Develop knowledge, understanding, skills and competencies.
Open Night 2016 - Art Display:
<div class="col s12">
<h5 class="center-align teal-text">Upload Photograph for Photography Competition:</h5>
<p class="disclaimer">This <a href="http://www.labnol.org/internet/file-upload-google-forms/29170/">File Upload Form</a> (<a href="https://youtu.be/C_YBBupebvE">tutorial</a>) is powered by <a href="https://ctrlq.org/code/19747-google-forms-upload-files" target="_blank">Google Scripts</a></p>
<div class="input-field col s12">
<input id="name" type="text" name="Name" class="validate" required="" aria-required="true">
<div class="input-field col s12">
<input id="email" type="email" name="Email" class="validate" required="" aria-required="true">
<label for="email">Email Address</label>
<div class="file-field input-field col s12">
<input id="files" type="file">
<input class="file-path validate" type="text" placeholder="Select a file on your computer">
<div class="input-field col s6">
<button class="waves-effect waves-light btn submit-btn" type="submit" onclick="submitForm(); return false;">Submit</button>
<div class="input-field col s12" id = "progress">
<div id="success" style="display:none">
<h5 class="left-align teal-text">File Uploaded</h5>
<p>Your file has been successfully uploaded.</p>
<p>The <a href="http://www.labnol.org/internet/file-upload-google-forms/29170/">pro version</a> (see <a href="http://j.mp/GoogleFormsDemo">demo form</a>) includes a visual drag-n-drop form builder, CAPTCHAs, the form responses are saved in a Google Spreadsheet and respondents can upload multiple files of any size.</p>
<p class="center-align"><a class="btn btn-large" href="https://gum.co/GA14?wanted=true" target="_blank">Upgrade to Pro</a></p>